How to install a recliner release lever and cable on reclining wheelchairs
How to install a recliner release handle and cable
- Cut the ferrule off the spring end.
- Remove the stop, spring and collar.
- Thread the cable through the strain relief in the handle and then into the cable sleeve.
- Install the barrel ferrule into the cutout in the handle.
- Remove the nut from the collar that was removed in step 2 and install on the reclining cylinder. Install and tighten the nut.
- Mount the recliner release handle to the back can of the recliner.
- Insert the cable through the collar that was installed in step 6.
- Install the spring that was removed in step 2 on the cable.
- Install the stop on the cable.
- Slip the cable through the slit in the rear release bracket on the tilt cylinder. Tighten up the stop and lock in place with the set screw.
- Zip tie the cable to the backpost.