1. Verify that all the parts are present.
2. Separate the knob, spacer and clamp.
3. Slide the clamp through the side rail mounting bracket. The hook side of the clamp is on the same side as the hook side of the side rail mounting bracket.
4. Slide the spacer over the threaded section of the clamp.
5. Install the knob on the threaded section of the clamp. Tighten only one or two revolutions.
6. Hook the clamp of the side rail mounting bracket to the underside of the bed frame.
7. The hook on the clamp will hook on the top of the bed frame. One of the bedsprings will be in the middle of the clamp.
8. Tighten up the knob and repeat for the other side of the bed.